Geography – Year 9
Year 9 starts with a study of Population and Migration.
· Students will investigate patterns and processes connected to the human population.
· Study different places at different scales.
The aim is for students to know what is happening to the world’s population as well as that of different places studied, and to understand why changes are taking place.
· Current or recent events (such as migration due to war or famine) are considered.
Students are assessed through an in-class exam.
The second unit in Year 9 is World Sport.
· We will focus on premiership football to enable students to develop their knowledge of places.
· We will also examine how football affects communities with a focus on one football club.
Students will be expected to complete a project as an assessment task.